Christ Community Church is a fellowship of believers who consider this family to be their local church. It is a recognition by those who desire to be disciples of Christ of the need for frequent assembling of themselves together for worship, instruction in God's Word, mutual fellowship and encouragement, sharing in the Lord's Supper, prayer, and to constitute a corporate witness to this area and the world.
Statement of Faith
1. We believe there is one God, the Creator and Preserver of all things, omniscient and omnipotent, infinite in being and perfection. He exists eternally in three persons: The Father, The Son, and The Holy Spirit, who are of one essence and equal in power and glory.
2. We believe God has revealed Himself to man in the person of Jesus Christ, the Savior foretold in the Old Testament. He is fully God and fully man, the eternal and only begotten Son of God, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of a virgin, sinless in His life, making atonement by His death and bodily resurrection, His ascension, and His visible return to the world according to His promise.
3. We believe God is present in the world today in the person of the Holy Spirit who draws us to faith in Jesus Christ and who bears witness with our Spirit that we are children of God. He indwells the believer which empowers the believer to manifest the likeness and character of Christ. He gives spiritual gifts to the church for our mutual edification.
4. We believe the sixty-six (66) canonical books of the Bible are the inspired Word of God, hence without error. They constitute the only infallible guide in faith and practice.
5. We believe man was created by God and in His image, free as to choice and responsibility to his Creator. Tempted by Satan, he separated himself from God by voluntary transgression. As a consequence all men and women are born with a sinful nature and have need of reconciliation with the Holy God.
6. We believe Jesus Christ provided this reconciliation by His death on the cross for our sins. His death was a substitutionary sacrifice and all those who place their faith in Him are justified by His shed blood and resurrection.
7. We believe the most important event since creation was the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead. All the teachings of Christianity derive their validity from this historical fact and without it "our faith is in vain."
8. We believe all who have been regenerated by the Holy Spirit belong to the one true church, the Body of Christ. The church's objectives are to take the good news to all men and to provide nourishment for spiritual growth. The church becomes a community in which believers share in teaching the Scriptures and observing the ordinances of water baptism and the Lord's Supper, developing a community with one another.
9. We believe in the personal return of Christ to earth in sovereign power and glory to establish His righteous rule, and look for a "new heaven and a new earth" in which righteousness dwells.
10. We believe in the bodily resurrection of all men at the Last Day. Furthermore, we believe those who are justified by faith in Christ will be like Him and will live with God and enjoy Him forever in Heaven, which is eternal life. Those who are not justified by faith in Christ are ultimately separated from God forever and condemned to hell, which is the second death.
11. We believe our sole purpose in ministering is our "specific mandate" to make disciples of Jesus Christ by preaching, teaching and living out "Scriptural Christianity" in a climate of loving, caring and sharing.
12. Local "churches" rise and fall. The "true" Church lives eternally in victory through the Captain of our salvation, Jesus Christ, King of Kings, Lord of Lords. To Him belongs all praise, glory and honor now and forevermore! AMEN.